Synology 220+ 6GB RAM DSM 6 2 3

Network Details

Rogers Ignite router

Audio Devices

BW Formation Duo, Chromecast
Library Size

20,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Memory usage went up to 4 GB. Got dropouts and then couldn’t load local audio tracks. Reset Roon Server. Dropped to 1.07 GB and started to work normally again. However, third time this has happened in 2 weeks.

Yes I kniw the 220+ isn’t up to spec. But it was,working fine up to 2 weeks ago, including running DSP. Cpu usage under 3% when playing.(bursts to 30% at start of new track for a couple of seconds)

So just watched memory usage go from 1.07gb to 1 17gb over 45 minutes. I realize that I’m probably speaking from ignorance, but it looks an awful lot like a memory leak. And yes, I used to be a developer in my distant past

1.39 gb now

Just reboot and be happy for another week or two.

Hi @Simon_Worrall

We are aware of some scenarios where network activity on Linux devices can cause a memory leak. It’s hard to say for sure if that’s what is happening here just yet, but it is definitely a possibility.

The next time you notice Roon in this state can you please let us know how much memory it is using and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.