ROON / HQPLAYER stops when new track sample rate changes

Thanks for fixing this and so neat to see all that goes on behind the scenes to get these two awesome pieces of software working together. It probably doesn’t matter anymore, but just in case, for me, the stopping occurs even when NAA is not in the picture. It happens whenever Roon server and HQPlayer are not running on the same machine. Can’t wait to test out the new versions…and just in time for some extended listening after a big Thanksgiving meal!

1 Like

Jussi, Brian congratulations for your perseverance in sorting out what appears to be a pretty obscure bug. A great demonstration of the pride and commitment you guys must have in your respective pieces of software.

1 Like

Like others have stated - great to see the back and forth between HQP & ROON. Man is this stuff complicated! Great job guys.

Wow. Great work fellas! @jussi_laako - please let us know when an HQPlayer update is released.

Thanks!!

Beta sent to @brian for testing…

If someone with this issue is on Mac here’s the beta:
https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/HQPlayerDesktop3-mac-3190b2.dmg

With both the fix from Roon and this fixed HQPlayer it should be smooth. Without the Roon fix there could still be some glitches depending on timing of things (potentially ending up with empty playlist).

Thank you so much for your dedication and cooperation to get both beloved applications connected again. This is highly appreciated!

I have been playing music since I downloaded the HQP file yesterday - it is still playing! This is longer then I have been able to play for a long time. Later today I’ll try playing tracks with different sample rates and see how it goes. Looks promising so far.

Part 1 of the fix, HQPlayer 3.19 has been released.

1 Like

I have just upgraded and it seems it plays better - I don’t know what to think…
Is it possible from a scientific perspective?

HQPlayer Desktop 3.19.0 released!
Fixes and extensions to the control API functionality with better support for remote control applications like HQPDcontrol! Support for large RF64 (EBU Tech 3306) WAV files used for hires content. Split HQPlayer configuration and library into separate files making it easier to switch configurations without affecting library. New shortcuts on Windows and Linux for starting HQPlayer in fullscreen mode. Plus usual smaller fixes and improvements.

Hard to see anything that might affect SQ except for smaller fixes and improvements. Had you upgraded to 3.18.2 ? It had some CPU multicore optimisations that seem a more likely candidate for an audible difference.

1 Like

Works better now. Listening to Bob Dylan’s, “Trouble No More: Deluxe Edition” it continues to play when bit rates change between tracks. Earlier. It would lock up Roon. Great work guys!!