Roon Core Machine

iPad Pro

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi router on WiFi with Ethernet cable going to Bryston BDP-3

Connected Audio Devices

Bryston BDP-3/Bryston BDA-3 with AES Kubala-Sosna connector

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When I launch the Roon app on my iPad the app immediately goes to ‘Choose your Roon Core’. Is this normal? Also, the Roon Core does not recognize my Bryston BDP-3 digital player even though they are on the same network. It doesn’t matter what I do, Roon never recognizes the Bryston. I have set up my system in the past but for some reason the whole system became disconnected a few months ago and I am unable to set it back up. Thank you for your time. Paul

I sometimes get the “choose your Roon core” although it was chosen before, but rarely. Then I click on the choose button, by regular core shows up, I choose it and all is good. Not sure that the cause is but it’s rarely and so I don’t really care. Would probably annoy me if it was every time - is that the case for you?

Did you enable the Bryston as an output in Roon > Settings > Audio under the Roon Ready devices? Or does it not show up there at all?

And what is your Roon core machine? You wrote iPad Pro but that can’t be because the iPad can only be a remote. Your Core would have to be one of

• A Roon Nucleus, a Roon ROCK, or another third-party server with Roon OS
  • A Windows or Mac PC with Roon installed
  • A Windows, Mac, or Linux PC with Roon Server installed
1 Like

Hey @Paul_Walters,

Are you still running into issues here? I would first update your remote devices to the latest Roon build, and let me know if you still run into issues. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.