Roon in Docker issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell Workstation, twin zeon, 12 cores/24 threads, 48 gigs ram, running unraid and roon in a docker (mickydicky)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

UNtangle as router, Ubiquiti/unifi switches

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lots, but this is not the issue

Description Of Issue

I was warned that dockers are hot garbage but this feel slightly different. It works for hours at a time then boom, the roon server crashes regardless of which end point is in use.

not a terrific amount of information appears to be offered. How of the three times it happened we had radio streams on FWIW.

Here is the error

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00012] in <126998f2e5ae42fe95554117eb649feb>:0
at Sooloos.RnetJsonClient+<>c__DisplayClass65_0.<_BeginRead>b__0 (System.IAsyncResult ar) [0x00046] in :0
Error

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

Does this only occur during playback?

Does RoonServer start up again right after or do you need to reboot?

Hi Dylan.

It appears to only do it when playing. I will try and give it a go for local playback but so far its been on radio and yes it does restart itself after.

I shouold also mention I did have a ‘play’ with some spare nics on the server. I had set some to bonded and in the docker set roon to use that instead of host. Curiously when restarted everything was going so I had to start again. Rather than do that I reverted to host but still had to re add the shares and rebuild the library.

In the brief time I was using it before this it was fine so I have messed something up. It might be wise for me to delete the docker and start again/

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

Yeah, it might be a good idea to do this if things were working prior to the changes you made above. I’d give a fresh install a go and let us know if that results in any improvements here.

What I cannot work out is where the dB etc is stored. It says stuff is being stored in mnt/user/app data there are folders in there for other dockers but nothing for Roon. I want to be sure I have cleared it out properly

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

We have information about finding the database location on Linux here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Database_Location#Linux_Core

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.