Roon installed on iMac-Bootcamp-Win 10 not playing musi

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac-Bootcamp-Win 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

The iMac (server) and a MacBook (both on Bootcamp)

Description Of Issue
I installed yesterday Roon on a friend’s iMac on Win 10 and Bootcamp. He want to test it before taking a subscription.

The music discovering and all functionnalities seems to work normally, but when we wanted to play one track, clicking on the Play arrow, it immediately came back to the arrow.

When we wanted do play a list of tracks, every tracks was listed extremely quickly, and the Play arrow was back without playing anything.

For information, 2 devices was available on Audio : “system output” and “Cirrus …” who seems to be the audio card of the iMac. We tried both, same issue.

Do you consider that Roon is working on Bootcamp?
Do you know some workaround to solve this problem?

In addition, my friend wanted to order the same active connected speakers I use with Roon without any issue (Yamaha NX-N500), do you think that they will be recognized in his configuration and could be a bypass to play music?

Thank you

Hello @Francois_Asquin, if you install Roon on the mac outside of bootcamp do you have the same issue?

Hello,
My friend tried directly Roon on the same Imac under MacOS and it’s working without any issue. So it’s evident that the problem is coming from the installation on Bootcamp.
He is using his 2 Imac and Macbook only under Bootcamp and Windows 10 (never under MacOS). Do you think that it’s a showstopper or do you have a bypass ? Another small problem, he has now just 5 days remaining to test Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.