Roon interface won't open

I’m using the 14 day trial. I download Roon(for OSi) and went to open roon. nothing happens? I re-downloaded roon. still nothing. the room interface will not launch? I’ve done this in the past with JRiver, Amarra and Tidal with no problems?

Hi,

if you’re using OSX then see this My OSX permissions are preventing Roon from starting

Thanks for the help, but that didn’t work?? Totally frustrated!

Hi,

that is a pity
Can you tell us something more about your setup, os version, hardware etc.

Vincent

MacMini
OS X Yosemite 10.10.4
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB of Ram
512 SSD

does this help?

Take a look in Activity Monitor to see if the Roon process is running; if so force quit it from there (this was the final piece in the puzzle when this happened to me).

I think @Mesmo may be on the right track here. Confirm Roon isn’t running, and let us know if you’re still stuck. We can take a deeper look into this if that’s not the issue.

Thanks guys!

Nope, not running in activity monitor

And you were prompted to enter your password after you typed the command in terminal?

So I’m clear about what you’re seeing, are there any error messages? What happens exactly when you try to launch Roon?

Sorry for the trouble @GLP! I’m sure we can figure this out, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Yes, I was prompted for my password and I entered it, the pressed enter. No error messages. I go to launch, I see the icon pop up on the dock, then disappear. That’s it. Just so you know, I’ve launched JRiver, Amarra & Tidal with no problems. Thanks for the help.