Roon Server Machine

Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Uniti Atom

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon keeps stopping mid track. Latest incidence today at 10.45am, playing Rautavaara Symphony 7.

Ad more information on your network equipment and connections to help support.

1 Like

What do you need?

Not me. Roon support.
The internet provider, router model and any additional network equipment and how things are connected.

1 Like

Sky, Sky Hub, Naim Uniti Atom, Mu-so and Qb. The Nucleus and Atom are connected via the A port to the router. Two of the Qbs and the Mu-so are connected by TPLink and one Qb is connected wirelessly.

Thank you for your prompt response.

• are the dropouts occurring on all endpoints?
  • is the Rautavaara a locally-stored album, or is it being streamed from a streaming service (e.g. Qobuz or Tidal)?
1 Like

Yes, they all go off simultaneously.

I’m not so sure about the second question. I will have to observe next time it happens where the track is coming from.

Are they Grouped?

1 Like

Yes, I group them according to need.

Is that a wireless extender or power line?

It’s a power line/home plug.

Not a recommended way of connecting for Roon.
I’ve had them so know how convenient they can be though.
Perhaps take the equipment on powerlines off and reintroduce one by one.

I forgot to mention I have a Sky Booster. It’s a small flat and the Booster is in the middle.

Should I run just one device like the Uniti Atom for a while, and see if the problem continues?

When I start re-introducing the remote speakers one by one, should I use the TPLink, or just wi-fi?

How do I turn off IPv6, and if so, how?

Hi @David_S,

Thank you for your patience. We have a few questions to help make our troubleshooting efforts actionable here:

1. Are there any error messages within Roon when the playback stoppage occurs? This will help narrow down the cause.

2. Does this occur with streaming service (Qobuz/Tidal, etc) content as well as local content?

3. Can you reproduce this on a single Zone output?

We’ll follow up from there. Please note that @ged_hickman1 is correct about the limitations inherent to your current ethernet setup.

1. No

2. As there is no distinction between Qobuz and local files on my playlists, I don’t know, but I’ll make a note next time it happens.

3. I have made some progress on this one. Streaming from the Nucleus to one source, the Uniti Atom, which is hard-wired into the router, doesn’t seem to cause any problems. Adding the Qb wirelessly in the Hall, near the router extender, seems to work ok too.

So it looks like it might be the TPLink home plugs that are causing the problem. I will run the Atom and the Hall Qb together for a while to see how that goes, then I will add in the Kitchen Qb with the TPLink to see what happens. Does that sound sensible?

1 Like

Hi @David_S ,

If you are still seeing this issue, please do let us know if you have any new findings to share. Yes, powerline adapters can be the source of issues, so it would be good to test without these.

I have removed the TPLink from the Mu-so, and the system seems a lot more stable. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.