Roon iOS App Crashing and Other Top Track Request

Hello, I am running Roon on my Mac Mini running the latest version of MacOS (10.15.6) and Roon. I am having problems with it crashing on and off. Sometimes it is constant and other times it is seldom but it happens enough that it has become very annoying. I just rebooted the Mac Mini for the first time in a week or so to see if that helps with the problem.

I use Roon primarily on my DirectStream DAC connected directly to a Ubiquiti access point for connectivity. I also have a raspberry pi running RoopieXL on the network as well as a marantz network player. I have the devices set up with static IP addresses. It only seems to happen on the iOS apps, both iPad OS and iOS on my iPhone XS Max. I am not currently running any VPN software however I do from time to time for work but that VPN is on my MacBook and not my iOS devices.

I am streaming both locally but also through Tidal. This has become quite a nuisance as of late.

Moreover, why is it that I cannot see the Band’s top tracks on their page on my iPhone. This is a pretty glaring design problem in my option on. Is it going to be addressed in the future?

Thank you in advance for your help.

When you say it is crashing, do you mean on the server or the remotes? What errors are you seeing?

Hello @Jigitz, and welcome to the community! Ged has some great questions here. In addition to those, are you noticing any pattern or common circumstances when the crash occurs? Thanks!

I am resurrecting this thread -

I am still having constant issues with Roon crashing on my iOS devices both my iPhone and ipad. I am on iOS 14.3. When I reboot my Mac mini things seem to be ok for a day and then all of the sudden it goes on the Fritz again and I have to yet again reboot. This seems like it should not be the case. It happens even after I force close the Roon app on both devices and restart. I think it has to be something to do with my Mac mini at this point as it’s the source. I am on the latest update of Roon and still having these issues. I primarily stream through Tidal and not local files. Is it possible there is something on my network that would cause this? I am running Ubiquiti gear. Are there known issues? I am using an ioGear Ethernet to WiFi dongle to connect the bridge.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello @Jigitz, to confirm, the mac mini is the core and it is also crashing? Next time you notice one of these crashes, can you please reply here with a timestamp (the date and time of the crash) then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.