Roon iOS app volume issue

Roon Core Machine

Roon ROCK operating system version 1.0 (build 227) stable
10th Generation Intel Core i7-10710U (NUC10i7FNH1) with Intel UHD Graphics 300 MHz – 1 15 GHz, RAM 8GB
Roon Server version 1.8 (build 831) stable

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon FIOS-G1100 router
TP-Link TL-SG116 switch
I use both WiFi and Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Allo USBridge - DietPi OS version 7.6.2 - Roon Bridge version 1.8 (build 814) stable - Ethernet
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital - Firmware version 2.12 - connected to Allo USBridge by USB
Marantz SR5010 - Firmware version 4700-0591-4045 - Ethernet
iPhone 12Pro MGK13LL/A - iOS version 14.8 - Roon app version 1.8 (build 831) stable - WiFi
iPad mini 4 ME276LL/A - iPad OS Version 14.8 - Roon app version 1.8 (build 831) stable - WiFi

Number of Tracks in Library

Library size - 30,328 tracks

Description of Issue

When using the Roon app on the iPhone after switching from other zones (ex. Marantz, Pre Box S2 Digital) to the iPhone zone, the volume of the iPhone system and the Roon app changes to the volume level of the prior zone. The volume level switches in both the iOS system, and the Roon app. For example, the Marantz zone volume control setting is set to Device Volume and 100. If I switch from the Marantz zone in the iPhone Roon app, the iPhone and Roon app volumes both change to 100. The volume setting for the Pro-Ject DAC is set to Fixed. If I switch from the Pro-Ject zone in the iPhone Roon app, the iPhone and Roon app volumes change to 0 (zero). This is 100% reproducible, and I have deleted the app on the phone, and re-installed it with no change. I’ve also restarted the server, rebooted the NUC, and all other devices. This is also occurring on iPad mini.

Thank you

3 Likes

When I use the Roon app on the iPhone, iOS (15.0.1) volume is now always set to 0 (zero). Annoying… I use a hiFace DAC via ALSA and volume is set to Fixed.

1 Like

Lots of people, including me, complaining about this nonsense…you’re not alone.

1 Like

I think this is part of the new integration with iOS to allow controls on apples Lock Screen.

I don’t like the volume issue. My DAC is set to 92. So when I leave and go to any other app the iPhone is now at 92 and blasts audio.

The iPhones volume should be independent of the connected audio device.

2 Likes

And FWIW, I have the Lock Screen feature turned off!

It’s listed in settings under setup.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.