Roon iPad App hangs or unstable after returning from background mode

Hi @Jack_Lee2,

Thanks for letting me know the timestamp. I don’t see the logs delivered yet, but I’ll re-activate diagnostics mode for your iPad.

Last time I took a look at logs, they weren’t very helpful though, so I was hoping you could submit a recording of how to get into this state from when Roon is working properly at the start?

Being able to reproduce this behavior at-will in a QA environment would be the most helpful way to address this issue.

Hi @noris,

Thanks for the update. Is the log configure not persistent?

It’s very difficult to record the error as it only occurs sparingly now. At the time I raised the issue, it was completely repeatable but now it is random with low probability. Well, at least it works much more reliably now.

1 Like

Hi @Jack_Lee2,

I can confirm that the logs made it through this time around, last time they timed out (requests automatically time out if not delivered) and I’m seeing an interesting trace here, let me run this by QA. I have a few questions so that I can properly fill out the report for them:

1. What model is your Core and iPad?
  2. What is your network setup like? Please list model/manufacturer of networking gear
  3. It doesn’t look like your Core is communicating with our diagnostics servers at this time, so please try rebooting it and I can check to see if there’s a report delivered.

Hi @noris,

I have rebooted the ROCK. The h/w is an Intel NUC:
Product code: BOXNUC8i7BEH4
Regulatory Model: NUC8BEH
which has a Samsung 2TB SSD plus a 512GB M.2 SSD installed.

The iPad is iPad Pro (12.9") 3rd Generation with 64GB storage.

The network setup is like this:

ISP Router <-> Asus RT-AC88U (NAT mode) [Port 1] <-> EtherRegen [GBE] <-> ROCK

Asus RT-AC88U (NAT mode) [Port 2] <-> Asus RT-AC86U (AP mode) <-> WiFi <-> iPad

All devices are in the same subnet with either fixed IP configuration (ROCK) or DHCP (iPad).

Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.