Roon iPhone app keeps crashing

Hi @Steve_Horne,

Is there anything that you do immediately before the issue occurs? Any specific action? We’ve been trying to reproduce this issue in the QA lab for quite some time and have not been able to do so successfully.

I can’t think of any particular pattern of usage. I have noticed that the iPad app is much more stable. I can’t remember if it has ever crashed in this way. But as far as the iPhone, once it crashes, I can just restart Roon and let it sit there and not interact at all and within 20-30 seconds, it crashes.

I’m willing to share whatever is necessary to help find the problem- can you get the crash logs?

Crash logs aren’t too helpful in this case, we’ve reviewed quite a few already and they only get us up to the point that says “iOS system forcibly killed Roon app”, but no further than that.

What we really need to proceed here are reproduction steps to be able to get into this state at-will and debug in the QA lab.

Maybe it has something to do with the amount of free space you have on the device? Is it almost fully used? Personally, I use the iOS app each day with Roon on an iPhone X with latest iOS firmware, latest Roon stable release and I have yet to encounter this issue.

@Steve_Horne -

Thanks for the screenshot. Mine looks very similar -

Looks like our model and network are not the same, but everything else is. If you manage to get any set of steps which reproduces this issue, please let me know.

Hello Everyone,

We are still looking into this issue and we are looking for users who would be willing to install a special version of the Roon app with additional logging capabilities. If you are interested, please PM @dylan, thanks!

Same experience as the previous reports. I’ve got an iPhone XS.
Really frustrating.
Any solution available?

Hi @Gerson_Garcia,

Can you try to uninstall the Roon app, reboot the phone and re-install from the App Store?

Working now.
Thanks!

1 Like

That’s fantastic news @Gerson_Garcia, thanks for letting us know the issue is resolved!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.