Roon is deleting albums on my NAS

This is indeed very annoying and also happend to me now for the first time. Roon removed 2500 of my 3500 Albums and stopped finally removing them, but no way to add them back. I tried restarting roon Server, disabling and enabling storage locations, forced rescan etc. The albums are still all in the watched folder. I am running roon server on a Synology NAS (build 165) with all the Music also being stored on the same NAS.

-Matthias

Hi @Matthias_Luck ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. We have been actively working on improving the storage functionality in Roon and with 1.3 coming soon we are confident that this release will address many of the issues described in this thread.

However, I did want to reach out because the feedback we have received thus far in regard to this issue has been amongst our users whom are running their cores on Mac computers and accessing their musical collections on NAS storage.

Based on your feedback, it appears that you are running RoonServer on the same device that your music is being accessed from so this appears to be a bit different than what we have seen thus far. I’ve split your post out to a new thread so we can address it separately.

With that in mind, may I kindly ask you for the following information to better help me understand your setup and the behavior you are experiencing. Please see below.

1. A brief but accurate description of your setup as seen here.

2. Please describe your network configuration / topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I would to have an idea of how your devices are communicating and what tools you are using to make those connections possible.

3. Can you verify if Roon (since you reported this issue) has been able to re-import your content from the NAS or are you still in a state where the content (2500 albums) is still missing.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Here come the answers:

1. I am using a Mac mini with RoonBridge (Build 40) as EndPoint (connected to our Brinkmann Nyquist DAC). The Core (build 165)) is running on a Synology NAS (D415+). The Music is all stored on the same NAS.

2. The Core and bridge communicate via Ethernet (not WiFi). The Router is an RT-SC87U. The RoonRemote is usually an iPad. The Bridge is connected to the Router via a switch. The NAS is connected directly via 2 Ethernet cables.

3. Roon has not been able to reimport any files. It counted down to a few hundred albums (300 or so) and when I then to a forced rescan or a disable/enable it stays at 300. I also moved the RoonLibrary from an external SSD to the internal HDD on the NAS. What happened then was, that it showed 1200 albums, but immediately started counting down and removing albums. I have now changed the Roon account ( I have 2 ) and did a clean setup (but of course without all my edits and playlists that I created). I still have a backup of the Roon Library, that had the issues.

-Matthias

Hi @Matthias_Luck1 ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time answer my questions, as well as sharing your observations with me. All of that feedback is very appreciated.

I’d like to gather some logs from you so our developers can have a closer look at what may be causing this behavior to occur. I will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric