Roon is dropping playback on grouped Bluesound devices

As a test could you move the flex speakers nearer a WiFi point to see if it is a signal strength problem.

1 Like

Will try that, thanks. All four speakers are in one large space, but those two are in the back. So that could be the culprit.

Also going to do a factory reset on all players as well. Since it used to work, clearing their settings may help.

2 Likes

Hey @Michael_Coventry,

Thank you for these updates. Check your manual to see how to investigate if IPv6 is activated on your Mesh system and turn that off. We’ve seen IPv6 cause problems with Roon.

When setting up your Grouped Zone start with the wired Pulse, then add the speaker nearest to it before trying to add the Flex speakers. Please let us know how things progress. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Jamie. Yes, that was turned off yesterday for both starry and Orbi.

Hello all,

Wanted to report that the problem is largely resolved.

What I did:

1. made sure starry and Orbi routers matched all suggested settings.
  2. repositioned Orbi so that it has a clear line of sight with all speakers.
  3. moved the 2nd flex closer Orbi
  4. made sure all controls as well as Nucleus are running build 113.

I am thinking of getting a network switch so i can hardwire the two front speakers permanently. We also may add another Orbi satellite because I would really like to move that little Flex back into the kitchen.

Thanks to everyone for your help and talking me off the ledge!

I will let folks know if any problems develop moving forward.

4 Likes

WiFi is a pain

My WiFi signal in my office four feet away from a mesh point

Move the mesh point one foot to the left and…

Crazy! That illustrates the problem I am likely having precisely.

Also, would changing the settings lower our internet speed? Starry has been super slow but they aren’t seeing any problems from their end.

1 Like

Hey @Michael_Coventry,

We’re happy to hear that things are moving in the right direction!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.