Roon is freezing during setup the Audio device

**Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)**

Mac mini bootcamp and win10 pro , roon current build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mac mini, active Directory, , connect via lan, use a roaming Profile, so application data are routed to the Server

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mytek Brooklyn Dac plus, usb

Myteck

**Description

Ist just freezes during Setup. During Trail it worked

Did you have it setup the same way same hardware during the trial

Yes , i did it the same way as during trial. However after deinstallation including settings, reboot and new installation i managed it to work. However, after closing the remote connection Roon is not availible from the ios App. Connection via remote again i have a blank white application on my desktop. i have to close and restart Roon.

I run the PC headless using remote desktop as a connection

remote desktop has graphics issues, try using TeamViewer or splashtop.

1 Like

Hello @Michael_Walter, and thanks for your report! I would recommend trying RoonServer, which would help since then Roon wouldn’t be dependant on the UI running to allow a connection to be running.

Even in this case, in order for your remotes to connect the machine containing RoonServer must be running and connected to the network.

…and you will need to be logged in for Roon Server to start… See here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.