Roon is jumping over my songs since last update!?

Roon Core Machine

Synology DSM 7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Synology Routers

Connected Audio Devices

multible Ropieee XL and some airplay devices, but mainly using the ropiees

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi!
Since the last update of roon my setup is not playing any song!
If I click on “play” of a album in my library roon is sometimes doing nothing, and sometimes starting to jump over all songs - like the files would not been there anymore. But in my storage settings everything is perfekt! I also can force a rescan and roon does not complain anything.
My raspberry pies are also nominal… As well as there is no playback on any airport devices like my iphone…
Playing from Tidal does not work too…

Thanks for your help!
Andreas

Hey @Andreas_Strobl,

Ben here with the support team, I hope all is well! I wanted to check in on the status of your issue. After taking a look at your account, it looks like you may have things functioning normally?

If not, this sounds like you may be running into some network inconsistencies. How is your core connected to your network? If possible, we always suggest hardwiring your core to your router via ethernet. Please give your core and router a hard reboot and see if that helps with your playback :pray:

Hey @benjamin

Thanks for asking… the issue could be resolved with the help of @crieke , the developer of roon for synology. The issue was caused because of a missing ffmpeg file on the nas.

Andreas

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.