Roon is missing Choral in my list of Genres

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Lenovo Windows 10, no issues with this computer

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Verizon WiFi, two routers, no issues with RAAT

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
iPod for DAC and to transmit in analog to my Denon main amp and my Sony secondary amp. iPad used for remote control

Description Of Issue
I have an extensive collection of choral works which are listed under “Choral” or “Choir” On genre mapping it shows my choral genre to map to Roon Choral. However, in the list of Genres, the Choral never shows up. I cannot use genre to search for Choral.

I have to use other search items such as performer. I have tried many ways to fix this or to remap the genre, but nothing works.

Can you help?

Hi @Roy_Sokoloski,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you please share a few screenshots of where you see this Genre vs where you would expect it to show up?

Here are several screen shots of my Roon database. I love Roon, except for this silly glitch. Note that the genre page does not show Choral which should be before Christmas. Not the genre mapping page which shows horal

I think you’ll find that Choral is a sub-genre of Classical in Roon’s view. It’s not a top-level genre, and won’t appear there, but as a sub-genre of Classical.

Unfortunately, there is no way to view all your genres as a flat, alphabetical list in the Genre browser. Even the Focus feature in the Album browser is constrained to follow the genre hierarchy.

Thank you Geoff. I found a work around. I always rip my CDs into iTunes first. In iTunes genres I was able to create a Classical Choral genre, which now Roon picks up. So I just have to look there in Room. Otherwise they were all in Classical mixed with orchestral works, so that the Choral work was not separate. But now it is. Thanks as always for your great customer support!

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m just another Roon customer here in the Community :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.