Roon is not finding music on my music server

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Catalina OS, Roon 1.6 (475)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Antipodes music server

Description Of Issue

The power went out and when I started up the Antipodes when the power came back I found only 41 of 700+ albums I had. How do I install the rest? What happened? It was fine on Catalina before.

Can you be more specific…is your core on the Antipodes or on the Mac?

Where is your music stored too?

Antipodes server.

Hi @rickcarl,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Storage tab? It should look something like this:

Do any of the missing files show up in the Skipped Files section of Roon?

Thanks noris,

But as it turned out I contacted Antipodes (the music server where my music resides) and he fixed. The outage made the server unreadable somehow. The music was still there but I couldn’t connect to it. Anyway, he basically erased everything on the SSDs in the server and I replaced it with a backup of the music. So everything’s fine now but I’m still surprised a power outage could do that. Without the backup, I would have had to start over with my music library.

Thanks for the comments and advice,

Rick McQuiston

Hi @rickcarl,

Glad to hear that you have been able to resolve the issue with Antipodes’ help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.