Roon is PAINFULLY SLOW!

Have you tested your network for bufferbloat?

If its latency on Roon servers wouldnā€™t you expect all users to see the behaviour?
Mine is very fast.

But Iā€™ve just gone from a 2012 Mac Book Pro which had average speeds to an 8th gen i5 NUC running Linux as a core only and it night and day in terms of responsiveness.

Do you have an up to date machine you can test as a core to see if the issue remains?

It is not an issue all the time, only at times. Also, what is the size of your library? Mineā€™s about 14k albums. Unclear whether this matters. Also some people just bear with is, and some are more demanding (like me).

Yes, I have tried newer machines, not the issue at all. My i7quad mini (250GB SSD for system and Roon db, 16GB RAM, 4TB HD). It is NEVER running above 10% CPU load. Down/up bandwidth is 350mbps/23mbps measured from that machine. I am the only high bandwidth user in my home. I have tested the network when these slowdowns happen - not an issue.

Given the spotty record of the Roon dev team, I am betting it is on their side.

No not all users got issues when they had issues with very slow searches. But it was an issue their end and itā€™s intermittent very much like this issue.

Not sure why you are having so much trouble. My Core is a ten year old Acer netbook with only a 100 Mbps LAN connection. Itā€™s been playing continuously for almost 24 hours to two grouped zones with no issues and is quite responsive. Refreshing ā€œDiscoverā€ tab can take up to 15 seconds, but searches return in just a few seconds, worst case. Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.