Audiolinux OS Gen 7 i7 NUC7i7BNH with 16G RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hardwired Cisco Meraki -no Wi-Fi or VPN

Connected Audio Devices

RPi4 (Audiolinux) USB into Singxer SU-6 DDC, AES/EBU to active speakers

Number of Tracks in Library

236,800 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon Server under Audiolinux will play music 24/7 but will bring the system down if playback is paused or stopped for a period of time. The OS itself has hibernation/sleep disabled.

Hi @Brad_Burnside,

Thanks for writing in, and sorry to hear you’re having issues with your Audiolinux server setup! Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

With that, this thread may also be helpful in terms of next steps in troubleshooting:

Thanks!

Hi. I don’t associate the issue with any particular types of music files or actions, but with a lack of activity for an extended period. I can play music all night and day with no problem; it’s leaving the system idle that causes my server to fail and require powering off & on to restart.

I can leave Roon alone today to reliably find it unresponsive tomorrow -so that I can start it up again to give us both access to a functioning program. When should I let it die, and how do you want to take a look once I get back online?

Hi @Brad_Burnside,

Simply reproducing the issue and taking note of the date and time would be helpful. Thanks!