Roon is slow to open

Thanks but…way more effort than I want to make

@Geoff_Mirelowitz

To setup a duplicate roon installation on your other iMac:

1. make sure you have access to a roon backup from your existing iMac’s roon system. if you haven’t created one recently, create a new backup (roon settings / backup / backup now)
  2. download and install roon from the roon downloads page: https://roonlabs.com/downloads.html
  3. you will need to login to roon and when you do this it will de-license your existing iMac’s roon system and use the license for your new roon installation on your other iMac
  4. load the roon backup you created from your existing roon system (go to roon settings /backup / find backup; select the appropriate one and hit restore
  5. verify the storage (under settings / storage) locations for your music are correct. If not fix it.
  6. ensure your audio zones are correct. all external zones should be correct (if you created any) but you’ll need to enable your new iMac to play music from it’s speakers if you want to.
  7. you should be up and running with an identical system to that you currently have and can take your iMac in to get a ssd installed.
  8. then you’ll need to go through exactly the same process as you did here with your upgraded iMac

Hope that helps…

Thanks so much Craig. Those are exactly the step-by-step instructions I need. I hope to give it a try soon.

good luck!!

1 Like

Found a Mac repair shop (one-man operation) that installed an SSD and doubled the RAM on my iMac. Did it with a 24-hour turnaround. My problems appear to be solved.

5 Likes

Hi @Geoff_Mirelowitz,

Thanks, for the update ---- I’m glad that things are working for you now that you’ve done that upgrade! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

1 Like

Thanks to you and others for the help!

2 Likes

Glad to see people supporting the little guys out there…I offer such services too but Singapore is a bit of hike for most offers to help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.