Roon is stuck importing music with "X" amount of files remaining [Resolved B247]

Hi @jptaranto ---- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the slow response here.

Moving forward, can you please verify where your musical collections is being stored/accessed from and in regard to the “20 track” that are not identified, can you provide some more insight. Is this content apart of the same album? Different albums?

-Eric

Hey @eric, thanks for getting back to me.

My collection is stored locally on the internal SSD on my laptop. It’s all inside my Macs Music folder inside ~/

I wish I could give you more info about these rouge 20 tracks - but that is precisely the problem - I have no idea what they are or where they are. The error started after I initially imported my collection (66K tracks).

A better description of the problem:

• When I startup Roon, if I click on the spinning blue circle in the top corner, I can see it is doing a “rescan” of the entire collection 0-66K songs. Whilst it is doing that the the progress meter is about 3/4 full and says “Adding music to library: Of 20 tracks, 20 added, 0 identified”.
  • The “20 tracks” won’t ever go away. If I add new music to my storage folder, they will get added to the counter. Say I add 20 new tracks, then it will say “Of 40 tracks, 40 added, 20 identified” - and the new album comes in fine, is identified, etc.
  • I have no idea where or what these 20 tracks are. I’ve started tidying up the collection somewhat and have removed any small files (this has done nothing). I have also removed all the “skipped files” that roon reported as corrupted (also done nothing).
  • There is nothing in the logs that refer to these files either.

Does that help?

@support I’m also having this issue. Still going through audio analysis but clicking on the spinning icon “Of 8 Tracks, 8 Added, 0 identified” I’m not able to tell what these files are.

My setup
Roon Version 1.3 (build 242) stable (64bit)
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Music stored on WD 4TB Book Studio Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0

Collection: 71,200 tracks

Network
wifi via Apple 802.11AC 2TB Airport Time Capsule

Hi, @Alex_Gallacher, thank you for your report. We want to take a closer look at your logs to investigate your problem, I’ll contact your for more details via PM

Ivan

I also had this problem in some networks times ago (travel a lot), due to DNS blocks. After switching to another network, i no longer have this problem.
Might be worth checking by switching to another network.

Hi @jptaranto ---- Thank you for the follow up and the clarification! The insight is appreciated!

Moving forward, as I have asked others in this thread, could you please follow the instructions found here and send us over logs for analysis.

-Eric

hi @support , this is a new setup on a qnap nas the issue is the spinning circle it wont scan past 5057 tracks all files are on the nas. I have tried removing and re adding the path as well as force rescan no change.

Hi @Michael_Cassels — I will be contacting you momentarily via PM with an alternative upload method.

-Eric

Hey @Eric, I’ve sent logs hosted on dropbox via a PM to you. Thanks.

Hi @jptaranto ---- Thank you for the follow up! Confirming that I have received your logs.

-Eric

Hi,

My setup is Roon last version 1.3 build 242, Windows 10 64 bit post creators update running Audiophile optimizer and fidelizer pro on an I7 quad core 32GB, music is stored on a local 4TB WD hard disk, interface is USB. Number of tracks are almost 38000.

The issue is that Roon keeps trying to identify 10 tracks forever

Can you help me locate the tracks so I can understand what is going on?

Thanks

Hi @Edu ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are very appreciated. I have went ahead and moved your post over to this topic as it appears that you are experiencing the same issue.

Moving forward, may I kindly ask you to please perform the following:

1. Following the instructions found here, launch Roon using the specified command line flag (see just below).

-storagetrace

1. After Roon has been launched with the command line flag, please send us a set of logs.

-Eric

@support Also having this issue. It’s always 33 tracks not identified. Hasn’t stopped the adding process since I moved Roon from PC to ST about 10 days ago. Otherwise, working very well.
Server: SonicTransporter i5
Music Files: USB3.0 drive attached directly to ST

Logs Here

Thanks for any help,
Craig

Hi @Craig_Watkins ----- Thank you for chiming in and sharing your observations with us, sorry to hear of the troubles.

One of our techs actually grabbed the provided logs earlier in the day and have requested a new set of logs using a “command line flag” to launch Roon, which will allow for additional logging. Please see below for the updated procedure.

May I kindly ask you to please perform the following:

1. Following the instructions found here, launch Roon using the specified command line flag (see just below).

-storagetrace

1. After Roon has been launched with the command line flag, please send us a set of logs.

-Eric

Thanks, Eric!
Last night I brought Roon up to carry out your instructions and update initiated. Once the update (build 247 it looks like) completed, I no longer had the issue.
Many thanks for your tech support,
Craig

1 Like

Good news the 247 build has resolved things for me too.

Thanks team! I hope the logs are of some use.

1 Like

The 247 build has also resolved the problem for me as well.

Thanks
Rob

1 Like