Roon isn't launching

Yup. /10char

I have reinstalled with the same end result. Screen still hanging.

Hi @Peter_Cox,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, itā€™s been a bit busy with this release. Can I kindly ask for you to access your Roon logs by using these instructions and upload a set to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and post a link here? I would like to take a look to see if they contain any clues. Also, can you confirm if you have made any Backups from within Roon in the past?

Thanks Norris. The link is here.

No backups done within Roon.

Hi @Peter_Cox,

Thanks for sending those logs over. Iā€™m taking a look and Iā€™m not seeing many errors here, I do see one critical error where Roon is trying to scan your M:$recycle.bin storage path, but I canā€™t say for sure if this is related yet.

I know you mentioned you donā€™t have a database backup, but I would be interested to see if Roon is working at all with a fresh one in place. Can you please try setting the old database aside as a test and see if a fresh one displays the same issue?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roonā€™s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says ā€œRoonā€
  • Rename the ā€œRoonā€ folder to ā€œRoon_oldā€
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
1 Like

Thanks Norris. Yep, the reload as you described has got it working again. Iā€™ll keep it running through the day and let you know if thereā€™s any change.

Thanks again for your help with this.
Peter

1 Like

Glad to hear that helped @Peter_Cox! Yes, do let us know if there are any further issues and we can certainly assist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.