Roon Isn't Recognizing a Lot of My Music

I purchased a Nucleus+ from Audio Advisor last month. Installation was really easy - but I’m noticing that Roon isn’t recognizing a significant portion of my digital music files. I have no idea why - they’re all located within the same NAS folder - but only about 3 albums in 4 are being recognized by Roon.

Any suggestion?

Are your music files nicely structured as track-title named files in album-titled folders, and are they properly tagged? The following KB article may help: https://kb.roonlabs.com/File_Tag_Best_Practice

Hi @Tom_Gurgui,

There are several reasons why a track or album might not appear in Roon. We have some great documentation about Skipped Files and why some files might not appear in Roon . I definitely recommend checking those articles out, it will likely point you on the right path.

In general, a great first place to look is Settings > Library > Skipped Files. If the track is here there should be a reason listed for it’s inability to be imported. Can you share a screenshot of an example album exhibiting this behavior in it’s storage location? This may help shed some light on why it’s not appearing in Roon.

Can you also provide some information about where your media is stored?

Thanks,
Dylan