Roon just stopped working while playing

Hi @Johan_Wedin,

The team is still analyzing the diagnostics report and they’ve asked me to get some additional information here.

First, can you describe the networking hardware in use? What kind of router are you using? Are you using any switches?

Next, can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing to the MOON device?

Thanks!

D-Link the%201975 Joe%20J

Hi, I have a Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000 and a D-Link switch, se enclosed files.
I played the 1975 from my iMac and it worked. Tried joe Jackson from Tidal but it did not work.
Then i restarted Roon core and the rron ap and tried Joe J again but did not work.
The iPad is connected to the 2,4 GHz network, when I test the speed I get its around 70 Mbit/s.
Files in previous message.

Thanks @Johan_Wedin,

I’ve updated your report with the above info and have passed it along to the team. I’ll be sure to update you ASAP when I receive their feedback on this.

Hi, the latest from me, today I have been listening to music for about 5 hours, some of the time switching between Tidal and my own files. So it worked really well. Just now, when I was going to choose another song from Tidal it would not play, around 22;50CET. This is so strange to me. Twonky, spotify through airply is so much more stable.
What progress have you made?
Thanks/johan

Hi @Johan_Wedin,

I just checked out internal tracker and confirmed that our technical team is still investigating here. I just asked for an update and will be sure to update you as soon as they give some further feedback here.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to look into this.

Ok, thanks, I hope they find something, its really convenient when it works,

Hi @Johan_Wedin,

I received feedback from the team today. They investigated the diagnostics report and did some testing on this device internally. Our testing with this device + Roon did not yield the same behavior that you’re experiencing, and the diagnostics report showed signs of networking trouble that would explain why you saw this behavior but we didn’t.

Can you confirm the model of the D-Link switch? Is it managed?

Moving forward with troubleshooting, I’d like to recommend connecting your Core machine and the MOON device directly to the router via Ethernet, bypassing the switch. Is there any change in behavior when doing so?

Hi, its d-link DGS-105-5Port/Gigabit Switch/Unmanaged, I think I sent you a picture of the spec.
I will try with bypassing the switch. It’s still strange though that it works with twonky and moon.

Hi, used roon 3-4 hrs on saturday, playing both mi own files and some from tidal without interruptions. Promising, will continue to test this week. Regards/Johan

Hi, been playing for about 4 hrs now, will enroll now after my test period since it works well. Thanks/Johan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.