Roon keeps dropping volume on its own

Roon Core Machine

Dell desktop with 64Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated), last version of Roon core.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi router, connected by Ethernet cable to Roon Core, which is a Windows 11 Dell desktop PC

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LSX, connected to Roon via WiFi
I use Tidal and Qobuz, logged into Roon to stream music to the KEF LSX speakers.

Number of Tracks in Library

I use Tidal and Qobuz, so it is mostly online streaming.

Description of Issue

When I listen to music from Roon core device PC on my KEF speakers, I set the volume to for example 52, after few seconds Roon begins the gradual volume reduction, first to 35-38, then to 20-25, then to almost zero. It became unusable. I am not touching anything!

Hey @Stefan_Cemicky,

First off, welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here, but also apologize that its an issue that has prompted your first post.

The first thing to test - can you please confirm if the same behavior occurs when you try to use the Airplay output via Roon to KEFs?

With that, do you only use these KEFs? If you use any other endpoints (or even better - endpoints/zones at the same time as the KEF), are they also impacted?

Let me know! We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.