Roon Keeps Saying, "Loggin in..."

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac with latest OS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Playing local music.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Dragonfly USB DAC connected

Description Of Issue

I wiped my iMac’s boot drive, reinstalled MacOS (to latest version), and reinstalled Roon. Now, after I input my password, Roon keeps showing, “Logging in…,” with the animated sound waves. I have tried quitting and restarting and rebooting. How do I get it to log in? (I do have another Roon setup with a NUC at home, but before the wiping of this computer this problem didn’t occur. I just clicked on the dialog box to log out of the other machine.)

Hi @Andrew_Stein,

When you set up Roon on the new Mac install did you install Roon fresh or did you use a backup service like Time Machine?

I installed a new copy by downloading it from the Roon Web site.

Thanks for confirming, @Andrew_Stein.

Do you have any antivirus or firewall on the Core machine? If you disable them is there any change?

I don’t think so. I haven’t altered the Mac’s default settings. This all worked fine before I erased the hard drive and reinstalled MacOS.

Hi @Andrew_Stein,

Moving forward, let’s try the following:

• Make sure Roon isn’t runing
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Try logging in again

Thank you. That worked. But I had to point Roon to my music folders. Did it lose any tweaks I had made to the library?

Hi @Andrew_Stein,

Now that you’re able to log in, you’ll want to restore a backup. Once a backup is restored all of your edits and play data will be available again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.