Roon Keeps Saying, "Loggin in..."

(Andrew Stein) #1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac with latest OS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Playing local music.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Dragonfly USB DAC connected

Description Of Issue

I wiped my iMac’s boot drive, reinstalled MacOS (to latest version), and reinstalled Roon. Now, after I input my password, Roon keeps showing, “Logging in…,” with the animated sound waves. I have tried quitting and restarting and rebooting. How do I get it to log in? (I do have another Roon setup with a NUC at home, but before the wiping of this computer this problem didn’t occur. I just clicked on the dialog box to log out of the other machine.)

(Dylan Caudill) #3

Hi @Andrew_Stein,

When you set up Roon on the new Mac install did you install Roon fresh or did you use a backup service like Time Machine?

(Andrew Stein) #4

I installed a new copy by downloading it from the Roon Web site.

(Dylan Caudill) #5

Thanks for confirming, @Andrew_Stein.

Do you have any antivirus or firewall on the Core machine? If you disable them is there any change?

(Andrew Stein) #6

I don’t think so. I haven’t altered the Mac’s default settings. This all worked fine before I erased the hard drive and reinstalled MacOS.

(Dylan Caudill) #7

Hi @Andrew_Stein,

Moving forward, let’s try the following:

• Make sure Roon isn’t runing
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Try logging in again
(Andrew Stein) #8

Thank you. That worked. But I had to point Roon to my music folders. Did it lose any tweaks I had made to the library?

(Dylan Caudill) #9

Hi @Andrew_Stein,

Now that you’re able to log in, you’ll want to restore a backup. Once a backup is restored all of your edits and play data will be available again.