Roon laggy on Macbook Pro

@noris I can confirm the exact same issue on my Macbook Pro 16" running Catalina 10.15.3. My machine is the 2.4Ghz i9, 64GB, 2TB with the 8GB 5500M.

1 Like

Hi @DrTone,

Can you please record a short video with the behavior in Roon vs another app to compare?

Did we need 2 threads on this issue?

It’s most obvious at full screen. If you reduce the window size it gets smoother. I can also say that the discrete GPU being more powerful lessens the issue over the iGPU.

https://flowerdayconsulting-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/p/jeff/EQJIx5uM391LgoBtwvxXnagBCAg4CS7y6nGmhRCsL7wIkw?e=eUV6FX

@noris

This looks like the exact same issue.

Same with me, when it’s the smallest width possible it’s smooth scrolling on both GPU’s.

Hi @DrTone,

Thanks for the video, can you please confirm the following?

• How are you physically performing the scrolling, are you using the internal trackpad or do you have a mouse attached to the PC?

• What is your current screen resolution and scaling info?

• Are you using the internal Macbook display or an external monitor?

• Does the same behavior occur if you temporarily connect an external monitor and have Roon open on it?

Answers included in your quote below.

@noris

If I change the display scaling to a resolution that is specifically doing pixel doubling the problem goes away. So it’s related the odd default for display scaling resolutions that Apple uses now.

1 Like

Hi @DrTone,

Thank you for the additional information, I have noted it in the ticket. This ticket is still with QA for testing, I will let you know if we require further info. Thanks!

Hi @DrTone,

We recently released Roon build 521, can you please check to see if the behavior is the same on the new build?

If the behavior is still the same, can I kindly request that you reproduce this issue, note the exact local time + date you reproduced and send me a copy of your Roon logs (from the Mac affected by the issue) by using these instructions?

The best way to get the logs over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive but if you don’t have either service just let me know.

No, it’ maybe even worst now.

Hi @DrTone,

Thanks for letting me know, can you please send me a log package from the affected machine?

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.