Roon library becomes unavailable in Remote/ARC after ARC "Poor Connection" Popup [Investigating]

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC i7-8559U 2.7GHz
16Gb ram
Windows 11 Pro

Networking Gear & Setup Details

All wired to Deco M5 router, tp-link non-managed gigabit switch

Connected Audio Devices

multiple endpoints, mostly chromecast audio and some ropieee XL units with usb DACs

Number of Tracks in Library

around 100k tracks

Description of Issue

These last days I started using ARC more as I have been working from my office. ARC always worked for me, auto setup and UPNP never got me any problem.

However during the day the connection through ARC will drop while I’m listening to music. Then if I access any roon remote inside the network where the core is located it also loses the ability to show the library or play any music - it keeps “loading”. If I restart the server then everything works again (until it doesn’t)

Already got the logs and did not see anything out of the ordinary. Any help in understanding this will be really appreciated.

1 Like

I‘ve exactly the same issue. ARC is running on my iPhone 14 Pro and ROCK on a Intel NUC 8i7. At least once a day i have to restart Roon Server on the NUC to be able to connect again.

1 Like

I have been experiencing this same symptom in the last week after it had been working flawlessly after the initial roll out.

I can listen at work via ARC for a couple of hours and then it will stop streaming. The next song will be shown but never start playing. Simultaneously, Roon apps at home are unresponsive (can’t browse or play) until I quit and relaunch the core (dedicated Roon server on an M2 Mac Mini).

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

1 Like

Thank you for all that confirmed having the same problem!!!

It just happened again. This time in the middle of a track while listening through ARC. And this even after I disabled ipv6 throughout my entire home network (since sometimes it works for other problems).

Got the logs before the reboot, but cannot find anything suspect there.

It would be nice if someone from support could help us with this, seeing that it is not an isolated case. As it is right now ARC is becoming impossible to use and / or like.

Same experience for me. ARC works for an inconsistent period of time then ‘Poor Connection’ appears. Then the core becomes unresponsive. Restarting the core resolves it temporarily but then resuming ARC playback will eventually cause the core to freeze again. ARC and the core have become unresponsive after two songs via ARC playback, other times it will play for two hours before getting Poor Connection. I also submitted a support request about one week ago but didn’t get a response yet.

1 Like

Same here, it just crashes the core completely after using it for a sustained period.

1 Like

It would be really nice if we could hear from Roon support. The case is clearly affecting many and different setups…

I had the same issue again today.

Still happening here, every other day. But no support.

Hi @Marcelo_Bulgueroni, @RiMac, @Michael_Owsianicki,

The team is investigating your reports.

Do you have an example track title or approximate timestamp of when you recently experienced this?

We’re seeing some patterns in Core and ARC diagnostics, but the more precise instances of this failure we can collect, the faster we’ll be able to reproduce and isolate any potential issue.

Thank you for your patience and we’ll follow up here once we have an update.

Thank you Connor. It happened to me yesterday between 11:15 and 13:15.
Next time it happens again, I will pass on more information.

Thank you Connor!

I stopped keeping the records for each time it happened but every time it happened on June I tried to copy the logs before rebooting the core. If you want that I send you the logs just let me know.

The last time I have on record was 06/23 around 2-3pm. It kept happening every other day, as I posted, but I did not keep a record when. Will resume that proceeding that again and report again here.

Hi Connor. It happened to me today July 17 at 10:19 EST using ARC on my iPad over wifi connection outside of my home.

Just happened here. Around 1:40 (ten minutes before this post) pm BRT (GMT-3).

Just happened again (!). Song was Sword - Natural Wonder Beauty Concept (streaming qobuz from the New Music Friday playlist). Having it crash two times in a row is very rare to me. at 14:10 pm (UTC-3). Rebooting the whole server this time.

Just (I kid you not) happened again. around 3:20 pm Brazilian Time. Last song played fully was “All Comes Crashing” by Metric - would follow up to On the Radio by Spoon, but it started skipping songs. Entered the client and saw the library was unavailable again.

It seems core build 1300 made things worse instead of helping. I am currently away from home for a few days so (trying) to use Arc heavily. It has been a good opportunity to report crashes. But let me know if this is too much, @connor

Connor, it just happened again. Seems that build 1300 makes Arc and Roon effectively and consistently unusable after 1 hour of listening through internet.

I will stop reporting the crashes since it feels I am now spamming this thread. Hope you can gather whatever info is needed from these last reports, but let me know if I should keep doing this.

Hi Connor. It occurred two times for me today: 10:30 AM EST (which seemed to be around the time the server update rolled out?). I rebooted the core around 8 pm (with server updated) and it happened again at 9:26 PM EST. On both occasions it was working fine for a period of time prior to ‘Poor Connection’ appearing.

Has been happening hourly (or almost hourly) today as well.