Roon Live Radio does not syncronize between RoonCore and RoonServer

Hi all

I use Roon on my Mac (as a Core), and use Live Radio.

I also use RoonServer on the same Mac (bcs it uses much less CPU), and control it from my iPhone. Everything works fine, I have all my playlists and tracks from my external harddrive etc when I use RoonCore or RoonServer (I know it´s basically the same just without GUI on the Server part).

I can see all my playlists,songs etc. The only thing I can not synchronize/see is my Live Radio Sations that I have added in RoonCore. THEY do not show on RoonServer. I am successfully logged into both with my Login name.

Add. I see now that when I use Live Radio from RoonCore, there are 14 possible stations named Klassik Radio (from Germaney. When I go via RoonServer there are only 8, See pics

I am on Macos Ventura, 13.1, 16 GB RAM and the newest Roon. The same thing happened before it was updated to Venture.

If you are running two separate cores on the same machine, which I somewhat doubt, you’d need to sign out of one to use the other unless you have two licenses.

Therefore, I am assuming your core is on Roon Server, and use Roon with GUI and iPhone to control the same core. Please confirm. Likewise, are you looking at saved stations under My Live Radio?

Yes to both below. And I can add and save new Radio stations and play them from My Live Radio. I just can’t see the ones I added with Roon before I switched to RoonServer. Everything else is the same as before RoonServer just not the My Live Radio.

“Therefore, I am assuming your core is on Roon Server, and use Roon with GUI and iPhone to control the same core. Please confirm. Likewise, are you looking at saved stations under My Live Radio?”

So, you have changed cores at some point? If so, did you restore the new core (Roon Server) from a backup?

Last 6 years I used Roon Core (I don´t know the name, it´s just Roon (with the GUI and everything running from the same Mac). Then I installed RoonServer, logged in, and all my music files were scanned, and all my Playlists etc were there on the new (RoonServer). So no I did not use a restore, as I switched from Roon to RoonServer and all my music, Qobuz logins and everything just was there. Just as with Roon (Core or whatever the name is), exactly the same, just not My Live Radio, which was just empty.

If you’re using Qobuz, a new instance of Roon will rescan your Qobuz favourites, and add them to Roon. However, radio stations, play history, tags etc. need to be restored from a backup.

This help guide may help.

1 Like

Thanks, a restore did the trick. Thanx guys (and girls). :slight_smile:

Best KK

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.