Roon locks up on startup Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

Roon locks up on start up and is unresponsive. Activity Monitor shows Roon is maxing out CPU. Running version 1.8 (844). I’ve attempted removing the app and reinstalling with no success. Roon server is running on a Windows 10 PC. I’m able so use Roon on a different Macbook that’s running Mac OS Big Sur 11,6 and also from iOS devices. Any suggestions?

Moved to the support category

If there’s no specific reason you haven’t updated to Monterey 12.1 I’d start there. Also, when you say you’ve removed the app and reinstalled, did you also delete ~/Library/Roon ? If not, try renaming that folder (e.g. Roon_old) as that will remove your previous settings for the app. If that works you can delete ‘Roon_old’. If not, to return you back to where you started, delete the new ~/Library/Roon folder and rename ‘Roon_old’ back to ‘Roon’.

Thanks for the tips @DaveN. Updating to Monterey 12.1 didn’t fix the problem. Removing the various Roon library folders did. Hopefully I’m back to stable.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.