Roon login problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Zen MkII, Roon build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritz!Box 7490, connected with Innuos via LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SMSL M500 connected to Innuos via USB

Description Of Issue

First of all, I’m really enjoying Roon so far, and apart from this problem everything is running smoothly. So here is what’s going on: When I start my Innuos and open Roon (either on my Surface Pro 5 or my Samsung Galaxy S9), Roon is asking me for my login credentials every time. When I enter them, the “Logging in…” pop-up appears, but Roon remains stuck at this stage. Clicking on “Back” in the upper left corner, I see the Zen set as my core, and it shows as ready to connect with the green dot next to it, and when I click “Connect” I just get the same prompt for entering my login credentials again.

When I then close Roon and re-open it, the Zen all of a sudden shows as “Initializing…” and it takes around 2-3 minutes before I can connect. From that point onwards, everything is working fine.

This issue happened for example today at 01:02pm German time.

Hi @Satyadhara,

What kind of Roon Remotes are you using to connect to the Zen?
Does the issue occur from multiple remotes or just one in particular?

I use either a Microsoft Surface Pro 5 or a Samsung Galaxy S9 as the remotes. The issue occurs on both devices in exactly the same way. I should also mention that I’m still in trial mode, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Hi @Satyadhara,

No, I doubt that you being on trial has anything to do with the issue, you should have same access as a full account.

This sounds like it could be a networking issue, is the Innuous connected directly to the router or do you have any gear in between? Do you have the latest firmware installed on the router?

Hi Noris, the Innuos is directly connected to the router via LAN, with no gear inbetween. I just checked, and the firmware is up to date.

Just a small correction to the above problem: When I enter my login data, Roon logs in if I just wait long enough. So my problem is pretty much exactly the same as described in this thread: Roon won't remember my login

I can see that you are already looking for a solution, so I’ll just wait and check regularly.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming the issue is the same as the other thread @Satyadhara, I have added your report to our investigation!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.