Roon looses connection to NAS [Resolved]

Without having changed anything in my configuration, all of a sudden Roon looses connection to my NAS. Dos not happen with Sonos, or itunes, which occasionally I use on my same PC in exactely the same configuration. My PC never goes to sleep.

You may have an underpowered NAS. That was what was happening to me. Even opening a window to investigate what the NAS was doing would stress it out.

What is the hardware and software versions, PC, NAS? How are they networked?

Hi @Ingo_Schulz ----- Thank you for the report and sorry to hear of the troubles. My apologies for the wait.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior you are reporting with the mentioned NAS, may I kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup. Please be sure to also provide the make and model of NAS you are implementing in your setup.

• Please describe how the NAS is communicating not only with Roon but with your network as well. Having a clear understanding as to how information is moving across your setup and the “tool” (i.e router, switches, poweline adaptors, etc) involved with making these connections possible would be very appreciated!

• My assumption that the answer to this question will be, “yes” based on your feedback, but please confirm that when Roon looses the connection to the NAS the unit is still accessible on the OS level.

• Please verify what SMB protocol is being used on the NAS.

• Please provide a screenshot of your storage tab in the application.

-Eric

Hi all, everything is fine. Network is extremely stable and fully accessible from all users. All components are linked to each other via cable and a gbit node. The only problem was a weak WLAN for the iPad in a certain area of my house. A repeater solved that issue. Cheers, Ingo.