Roon Server Machine

2023 M2 Mac mini

Networking Gear & Setup Details

eero Mesh Network

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LSX II

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi @noris - I have a similar issue to the one below, but the instructions seemed to have changed, because I am not finding a folder called RAATServer, in either the Roon Folder or the Roon Server folder. So, I am lost at that step.

Please let me know what I should do.

Thank you very much.

Is your router hard wired (ethernet) to Roonserver as recommended by Roon support?

If connected via wifi then it could be the cause of your problems, mesh network nodes continually monitor connected devices to offer the optimum signal strength and automatically switch to the node with the strongest signal. This can cause problems for applications, including Roon, which results in dropouts or longer disconnections.

Thank you.

No. It is not Ethernet connected. That is not possible in my use case.

I have no trouble streaming, even high-res content. What roon is dropping is its connection to the mac via USB.

Having had a read through i think it will be beneficial to describe your setup & symptoms in detail (as the template). Roon has made a number of major changes in it’s software and operation since the thread you refer to (2020).
There is also a significant difference between your setup & the the one you refer to in that the OP has his network hard wired as recommended by roon. This may not appear significant but when router/server are connected via wifi performance can be very erratic.

Anyway, I hope you find a solution, good luck.

1 Like

I have been having intermittent dropouts and play stoppage issues with my Mac M1 mini recently after many months of no issues whatsoever (my Mini is wired - not WiFi).

I haven’t changed anything in quite some time.

1 Like

I am no longer having this issue. I rebooted my Mac mini and Roon is able to see the LSX IIs and it has been a couple of days.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.