Roon Loses audio when screen saver is activated

Roon is running on an Intel NUC (Windows 10) attached to an Anthem AVR. Everything is working perfect until the screen saver is activated, at which time I lose the audio/System Output. Thereafter I have to go into Roon Settings/Audio and restart the System Output. I can solve the problem by setting the screen saver to “never”, however I would prefer to know why activation of the screen saver results in loss of the audio through the System Output.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you connecting via HDMI?

The Intel NUC is connected to the Anthem AVR via HDMI. The Anthem AVR is connected to the Sony TV (monitor) via HDMI through the HDMI 1 output. I don’t know if it makes any difference, but the HDMI 1 output is also the ARC (audio return channel).

Do you have your audio device set to exclusive in Roon?

I am not sure how to set the audio device to exclusive. Under Settings>Audio I show my System Output and a Networked device which is a BlueSound Node 2. I don’t use the Node 2 with Roon. Regardless, should I disable it in Roon?

Click on the gears beside your system output. Choose Device Setup. Click on the Playback tab.

Thanks for the reply, however on the gears next to System Output>Device Setup>Playback the only options available are: Max Sample Rate, Max Bits Per Sample, Channel Layout, and Multichannel Mixing Strategy.

System Output is the only output listed for your HDMI out?

IN your windows power settings, what is the Display turn off timer set to? If it is anything but NEVER, change it to NEVER and see if that makes a difference.

I have determined that in Windows 10 (Power & Sleep) Settings, the Screen setting determines how long my music will play within Roon. This setting does not effect any other source, just Roon. In other words, if the Screen setting is 10, Roon will play for 10 minutes before it loses connection to my System Output. If I set the Screen setting to 1 hour, Roon will play for 1 hour before it loses connection to my System Output. I suspect, therefore, that I can eliminate the problem by setting the Screen setting to Never. However I am trying to understand why the Screen settings in Windows impacts how long Roon plays. Any help would be appreciated.

A post was split to a new topic: Windows Screen Saver Stops Audio

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.