UniFi UDMSE & other UniFi network kit

Connected Audio Devices

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120
Version 1.4.2 RAAT version 1.1.38
Connected with wired ethernet.

Number of Tracks in Library

9598 tracks

Description of Issue

From time to time (every day or so?) Roon loses connection to the TDAI-1120. It stops playing and then starts going from one track to the next, and then gives a brief message in Roon client something like “Roon lost control of the device because the input was switched” before stopping completely. I can usually restart Roon immediately or shortly after - but I have to find and go back to the track I was listening to.

I didn’t touch anything on the TDAI-1120, and can confirm on the device that the input still shows as Roon.

What can I do to stop this happening and/or what more info would you need to help solve?

Thanks,

mark.

Hi Mark not with support, but that message sounds quite specific.
Do you have Auto device switching turned on, or a HDMI plugged into the TDAI-1120?

If so try removing them, as Roon thinks another device is taking over and that the input has been switched. It’s possible that this could also be Airplay or Chromecast come to think about it.

Of course I could be miles off, but good luck

I have an 1120 and have not experienced this behavior.

Is the 1120 firmware up to date?
Is eArc switching via HDMI interfering somehow?
How many inputs have you got active?
I disable all inputs that I don’t need via the remote. Maybe try that and re-enable one by one to see what happens?

A restart of the 1120 and core is always worth a shot too if not already done.

Try changing the setting for “allow streamers to change source” under the streaming options.

1 Like

Thank you for all the suggestions.

I don’t have anything plugged into the TDAI-1120 input-wise.

Not sure what you mean by “auto device switching” but “streaming players can change input source” was set to off.

Yes.

I don’t use any inputs other than Roon, but they weren’t disabled. I’ve disabled them all now. I’m not sure how eArc could be interfering if I don’t have anything plugged into HDMI, but I’ve set “Enable CEC” to “no” to be sure.

It was already set to “off”.

–

Hopefully turning all the inputs off will help… will report back.

1 Like

If it continues contact Lyngdorf to see if it is a known issue.

Mark as Ged said it might be worth contacting Lyngdorf to see if they are aware of this.

But are you also saying that Chromecast or Airplay cannot take priority over the link, which is a good thing if so

Unfortunately, even with all inputs disabled apart from Roon, this still happens - twice this morning so far.

I’ll contact Lyngdorf and see what they suggest.

Strange behavior. I’ve used Lyngdorf support in the past and found them to be quick at replying. They also provided a fix to the issue I was having at the time (HDMI Arc). Best of luck.

Hi @markauk ,

Are you by any chance using any VPNs on your setup? Perhaps at a router level?

I occasionally have external devices VPN into my network (Unifi Teleport), but nothing outbound.

Hi @markauk,

Thank you for your patience. A few clarifying questions to help expedite our investigation, as we’re syncing on your issue internally:

1. Can you replicate this connection dropout with any other network endpoints?
  2. Are there dropouts in playback when playing from the System Output?
  1. it’s not possible to replicate systematically, as the issue happens sporadically and the TDAI-1120 is where I do most listening. I do have a couple of Raspberry Pi based end points and don’t recall ever having this behaviour on them - though I rarely listen to either for more than an hour or so in any one session (the TDAI-1120 can be playing music for hours and while it has happened even before the first album has finished, it sometimes doesn’t happen till I’ve been listening for longer).

2. not sure what you mean by “playing from the System Output”. If you mean dropouts when playing from the USB output of Roon Core direct to a DAC, I don’t have that set up any more, but I don’t recall ever having this issue (or any dropouts while playing music) with that setup.

@connor - I realise things will have been busy with the release of Roon 2.0, but is there any progress on this? I’ve updated to Roon 2.0 and the issue is still happening as before.

I contacted Lyngdorf support a couple of weeks ago, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

I’ve now been in touch with Lyngdorf. It turns out that disabling inputs in settings doesn’t actually disable the inputs, just removes them from the interface - so those changes won’t have helped.

More importantly, they let me know that they just released a new software update (2.0) so testing to see if that resolves the issue. Early days, but so far so good.

Hi @markauk,

Thank you for your patience. After reviewing the issue internally with our Partners team and combing diagnostics, we came to the conclusion that the Lyngdorf endpoint is not communicating correctly with the Core; this is unfortunately something Roon won’t be able to remedy, and Lyngdorf will have to address it directly.

From your recent post, it appears they’re aware of the issue and have rolled out a fix. Thank you for keeping us appraised, and please accept my apologies for the delay in keeping you appraised here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.