Roon loses control of Meridian zone players

Same issue here on my home test kit, Nucleus+, 218 with DSP3200 and 2 zones with 251s. The whole lot needs to be rebooted before it will play music/ However control is there all the time, all units switch on and volume will change, repeatable on both Meridian and Roon apps on multiple OS platforms.

Just an update on my findings here:-

You do not have to reboot the Nucleus, just the Meridian 218 or 251, but it must be a hard reboot, i.e. power out. For now I have programmed a smart PDU to restart them.

Do you after an update and ETA of a fix?
Are we able to downgrade the Roon software to a working version in the meantime? This is now urgent and has a huge impact.

Any update on this situation? It is a cause of great frustration and was never there before the last update, so there must be a logical explanation for this behaviour and what has been changed that might be causing it.

Iā€™m currently pricing a different solution for 5 houses that havenā€™t had a working solution for over 4 weeks Simon. I canā€™t believe the lack of response from Roon on this matter.

Are you using it with a control system as well or just Roonā€™s app?

Just the Roon App, a mix of Meridian devices also.

I have encountered similar problems since the last roon update with my Meridian 218 and ID40 card. My other Roon endpoints (Oppo, Apple TV, etc) function properly. I hope the Roon team will come up with a solution soon.

Hi all, our QA & hardware teams are currently testing a fix for this issue with some Meridian gear in-house. Assuming everything goes well with that testing, we hope to include this fix in a release soon. I canā€™t speak to any timelines just yet, but Iā€™ll make sure to provide updates when I have them. Thanks everyone for your continued patience thus far. :pray:

3 Likes

Many thanks Kevin, please keep us up to date on progress. I am always happy to beta test anything as I have a multiroom Meridian test set up at my disposal.

Wow this thread is eye-opening. Iā€™m an integrator and we have been beta-testing Roon with the intent of recommending it for clients on all future home installations. The fact that end users were without music for over a month and Roon wasnā€™t willing to even provide a rolled-back version for effected users is unfortunate. Weā€™re definitely going to be rethinking things.

Build 850 is out, I have updated Roon Core in my Qnap but Meridian endpoints still donā€™t workā€¦

Iā€™ve had this issue for 2 months or so. Posted on another thread ā€œMeridian 218 Endpoint dropping from Roonā€ before I found this one. I have 15 Meridian endpoints in my home and having to go to various racks to powercycle the relevant zone every time someone wants to listen to music is becoming very tedious. @support, please be more transparent as to when the fix is coming and in the meantime as suggested above, please provide a previous version to rollback to for affected users which is a perfectly acceptable thing to do given the time elapsed.

2 Likes

Roon, please provide us all an update, we are days away from removing every system we have put in at great expense to both our business and the clients.

This is appalling. It was working before the new release so clearly an issue with the update. Meridian have not changed anything (no updates forever)

Given Roonā€™s roots with Sooloos and Meridian this canā€™t be a too hard basket issue so I guess itā€™s just donā€™t care. Perhaps because so many meridian users have lifetime licences. Shame on you Roon. Where are you Joel?

2 Likes

Unfortunately at the moment I canā€™t specify Roon to clients, I have a number of Meridian based whole house systems that it would have been perfect with.

I have not been able to use ID41 and 218 in one systemā€¦ 7 additional meridian endpoints in another system. Thought it was Meridian firmware but it is not. The meridian zones disappear.

Any further updates on this situation? My concern is that we have tendered a number of systems, some of which we definitely have won, but at the moment we donā€™t know if we are going to be able to deliver them, or if we need to be working with another partner.

We are removing all servers, I canā€™t have our client base without music for Christmasā€¦

I cannot get over the lack of communication from Roon!

3 Likes

Hi all, I apologize for the lack of communication since my last update ā€“ we understand the impact this bug has had on your listening experience and we should have updated you here more frequently, thereā€™s no doubt about that. Weā€™re going to do our best to not let something like this happen again in the future.

Weā€™ve been testing a fix for this in-house and feel confident that it resolves the issue. However, this fix is part of a larger update that includes other fixes & improvements that are still in beta, which means weā€™re not ready for public release just yet. Beyond that, we really want to triple-confirm with some of you that our fix resolves the issue before itā€™s released publicly.

If youā€™re affected by this issue, please :heart: this post to get access to a beta build that includes the fix for this bug. Iā€™ll take a look at the list tomorrow and follow up with more detail then.

Weā€™re hoping that this will serve as a good stopgap until the public release is ready, and that additional beta testing means we can put this to rest for good. :crossed_fingers:

@Luke_Newland @Simon_Elliott Iā€™ll reach out to you via PM separately tomorrow.

13 Likes