Roon losing core

Hi @Dylan,
When I look at the ipad, Roon shows nothing. no tags or playlist or albums or anything.
It always worked perfectly, also with the HP procurve.
For now, I can do a test to move the synology directly to the router. see if makes a change but I would be surprised if so.
May be I can try to uninstall roon server, reboot the laptop and reinstall, see if the remote can find any database on it.?

BTW, the original Lumin app still works fine, using minimserver installed on the NAS

regards,
Arie

Hey @Arie_Bos,

Thanks for the update. Yes, let me know if the experience is any different when you connect the Synology directly to the router. Once you’re able to add the folder path to the folder containing your folders on the Synology, you should see your music files again.

Performing the test without the switch will definitely help us narrow down the cause here and should leave us with some good next steps for troubleshooting if needed.

-Dylan

Hi Dylan,
I moved the synology directly to the router. Still the remote only scans the local disk of the laptop runing roon server. (strange side effect is that I cannot log in anymore to the Synology, but windows just sees all folders on the Synology as normally)

May be I just copy all music files to the roon server machine. then the remote works without the server? Not the best solution of course…

Arie