Roon lost control of audio device which is Sonos Play 1s

After weeks of working fine, my various iPhone remotes can’t connect to Sonos Play:1 speakers with the message ‘Roon lost control of audio device’. Using old laptop as Roon core and Sonos works fine through Sonos App. Any ideas?

Hi Julian Welcome to the forum.

This has been reported a few times lately. There is a link to a thread below. If you are having issues it is sometimes helpful to do a quick search for your issue using the magnifing glass up in the right corner. Also reading the help section can sometime give you a heads up as well.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. No Airplay for me as old Play:1s so all quiet in our house atm. Will wait for fix!

1 Like

Still having same problem. Updated Sonos firmware, seemed to work for a couple of days then error message started aearing and Roon stutters and loses control of the Sonos devices. See my post under new topics for details. Sonos devices are Connect Gen 2 and Move. Airplay option also doesn’t show up in Roon for the Move, which is another oddity. Roon core has been reloaded, router rebooted a couple of times, Sonos wireless connection played with. Sonos app streaming works fine, other remote Windows-based end points work fine. Any more ideas?? I already gave up on Chromecasts and moved to Sonos, which were working with no problems until the last batch of updates.