Roon MAC OS player looses Endpoint

Core Machine

Nucleus+ version 1.0 build 227

Network Details

Ethernet connected, linksys gb router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iMac i7, Cary Audio DMS-550 streamer, Audeze LDC-4 headphones

Description Of Issue

When streaming Qobuz from my desktop and playing it through my headphones the Roon client on the mac every minute or so pauses the message and the bottom center of the screen (where the pause icon sits) flashes green and says “select audio zone.” This also happens when I play a downloaded .flac version of the piece of music. or when I am playing from an IOS client on my phone

I have not swapped the router, nor have I moved the nucleus down to the router, preferring to keep it here next to the streamer. I am open to suggestions.

Also, it was doing it before I upgraded to 1.8, (candidly I was hoping 1.8 would fix the problem but it did not).

Any suggestions?

Hi @Grayson_Williams

When this happens, if you go to Settings > Audio do you see your devices listed here still?

How long do the audio devices stay disconnected?

Hi Dylan,

Yes they are visible and the “select zone” button is there for less than a second, it just stops the playback during the refresh.

@Dylan This is still happening, both when streaming and local. I can reproduce it as well.

Update,

@Dylan I did a separate test and opened the Settings > Audio page and let the song play. When the music stops, the Device flashes off and I don’t see it. It happens very fast (less than one second) so when I looked previously they were removed I just missed it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Grayson_Williams

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi @Dylan,

I rebuilt my network and tossing out the netgear routers and replacing the entire stack with Ubiquiti equipment. Since then the Mac OS issues seems to have resolved.

My iPhone still crashes regularly, but the controller does not lose or skip, rather the client crashes, then when relaunching the music is still playing.

I am happy to provide logs if helpful.

Thanks,