NUC7i3, 8MB RAM, ROCK OS

Network Details
Router>NUC>Devialet all connected by Ethernet wires

Audio Devices
Devialet D200

Library Size
About 30k tracks

Description of Issue
A lot of times, when I set the Roon ethernet input of my Devialet, the sound doesn’t start and the screen show the message “Audio device in use”.
The others devices connected to Roon works perfectly and I have to reboot the Roon OS to start playing.
Thank you,
Alberto

Now it happen every day, usually the first time I switch on the Devialet during the day.
In addition to reboot the NUC/Rock I tryied also to unplug/plug the ethernet cable on my Devialet and after that it works….
Any idea?

I only encountered this error very rarely, more precisely when I used DSP intensely and I often jumped at different points on the track. The solution was not to restart Roon, but to pause playing (10-15 seconds) or change the input from Devialet and then press play in Roon again. I did not encounter this error in normal use (hours of listening to music).
If you frequently encounter this error in normal use, then I think it is a network problem.
A possible cause is that in Devialet both Ethernet and Wi-Fi network connections are activated. Only one type of connection must be active in Devialet.

1 Like

Hello @Alberto_Medioli,

Thank you so much for creating a post about this and sorry about the trouble.

@DanielAvasilichioaei has very graciously offered some context on this. Did changing the settings on your Devialet help? :nerd_face:

@beka Yes, I tried but it doesn’t work

1 Like

Thanks so much for giving that a try, @Alberto_Medioli.

I was wondering if you could please try one more thing: change the DHCP setting on your Devialet to on (no fixed IP). It helped this subscriber:

Thanks in advance :pray:

In my configuration it has always been set to “on”.
Do you think I should try the fixed IP?
Alberto

Before saying yes to that, I would love to consult with our technical team. I’ve looped them in on this thread.

In the meantime, it might be worth factory resetting your Devialet (if you feel comfortable doing that). It is quite interesting that after unplugging it and plugging it again, it seems to work.

We’ll be in touch :nerd_face:

Hi @Alberto_Medioli

Were you able to try the factory reset that Rebeka mentioned before? Did that help?