Roon/MicroRendu issue... says I have HQ player in network

Support,
Having issues with my MicroRendu being recognized by Roon.

First the MR is not opening up

but the Roon side of things (see screenshots) shows me to have HQ player in my network (??)

When I click on network then adding… and I’ve never used HQ player ??

Seems like you might not have your mR set as a RoonReady endpoint. You need to set that via the mR’s web interface.

Your second screenshot only pertains if you’re trying to set up a ROCK installation, so probably not relevant.

1 Like

No, the add HQPlayer option is always there (Roon doesn’t know whether you have it setup or not).

As above, either the mR isn’t in the right mode or it’s not on the network properly.

1 Like

reboot your microRendu and make sure it’s in Roon Ready mode and not NAA (HQPlayer) mode. My microRendu disappears from the Audio device screen when I’m using HQPlayer, or the microRendu is selected to NAA.

Add Network Device is a tool for pointing Roon to an IP location where a non-discoverable network output resides. At the moment HQ Player is the only non-discoverable network output, so it is the only option in the menu. If you don’t have HQP then you won’t need this tool.

Similarly the Roon OS screen is for configuring ROCK and has no bearing on an mR.

The mR is a discoverable network Output, meaning that once it is installed on the same subnet as the Core then it will automagically appear as either an AirPlay (if using the Shairport app), Squeezebox (Squeezelight app) or Roon Ready network output depending on which app is active.

If you are not seeing your mR then things to check are:

• Can you access the mR using the Sonic Orbiter web interface URL:
    http://www.sonicorbiter.com/ ?
    If not, then check that power is connected and that Ethernet lights show a connection.

• If you do not have any Ethernet lights and you have recently upgraded to the 2.5 SonicOrbiter software, then you may have a unit that doesn’t boot from the initial version of 2.5. In that case contact Sonore for the revised version of 2.5. I had such a unit and the revised version boots fine.

• Check that the Roon Ready app is selected in the SonicOrbiter software. The mR should then show up as a network Output in Roon.

nothing happening
my mr does have a yellow and orange light showing/blinking…so i guess it’s working.
network related perhaps?

i also get this sometimes (esp when i hit a cable and i lose connection)
…the mr device disappears from Roon…and i get the wwwmysonicorbiter…com

when i click ‘manage’ the ‘searching appears for about 1 min’ only to lead to this

This site can’t be reached
192.168.1.67 took too long to respond.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_TIMED_OUT
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server…
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don’t believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings… > Change proxy settings… > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN’’

and i have gone to the 'advanced setting to ensure the ‘lan’ access is disconnected as it recommends

if your Ethernet lights are on but you can’t reach the mR with the web interface then there is very probably a network issue. Can you describe your network setup ?

What does your router say the subnet settings are for the mR and your Core ?

how would i check the router settings

Point your browser to 192.168.1.1 and enter the username and default password for your router. You can find the default password by typing the brand and model and “default password ?” into Google.

What does your network consist of ? If you can describe router make and model, any WiFi segments, any switches and any Ethernet over Power devices that will help others assist you.

many thanks for your help, btw

per username and psword for the router i guess i’ll have to await my colleague
who’s on a trip (sigh)…
i guess i can always call telus (my adsl provider) to get it.

since i’m with telus it’s 192.168.1.254
router is zyxel gs1051 gb ethernet switch
i just bought a switch today, thinking it might
be better than just a router
dlink dgs 108 switch

WAN Connection Status
WAN Type: Ethernet
Dynamic/Static: Dynamic
Modem IP Address: 154.5.51.17
Subnet Mask: 255.255.252.0
Default Gateway: 154.5.48.1
Lease Time Remaining: 2H 15M 1S
DNS Address #1: 75.153.176.1
DNS Address #2: 75.153.176.9

This seems like the crucial part. Hitting a cable (without excessive force) shouldn’t lose you a connection.
I’d start there - swap out any dodgy cables, then check new ones are plugged in properly and clicked into place.

Then start the troubleshooting on the router/dhcp side if the problem persists.

The router settings you posted are all it’s connection to the outside world. If you can reach the internet then it’s working.
youd need to check its DCHP settings for your network. See if the microrendu is listed as a connected device at .1.67
See if you can reserve it an IP address.
You can also use network scanners such as fing on iOS which are generally better at finding things on your network. I know some supplied routers done do a very good job especially on unusual hardware. But none of this should be needed if your physical cablings ok.

Hi @j_c ---- You can access the MR by going to sonicorbiter.com to confirm what settings are being used.

-Eric

to do that you first have to click on ‘manage’ right?
that is the issue: clicking on there takes me nowhere but to that result below:
This site can’t be reached
192.168.1.67 took too long to respond.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERRTIMED_OUT_

thing is the lps1 power supply is fine (green light)
MR signal to my iFi micro iDSD dac shows yellow/red light (showing high bitrate)
so that is fine, too…maybe something to do with my computer settings

Hi @j_c — Thank you for the clarification and my apologies on missing that information in your previous post :dizzy_face:

Moving forward I just want to have you confirm one more thing for me as I am a bit confused by where the MR is sitting in the chain of communication. When asked about your network configuration, you’ve mentioned the following:

“since i’m with telus it’s 192.168.1.254
router is zyxel gs1051 gb ethernet switch
i just bought a switch today, thinking it might
be better than just a router
dlink dgs 108 switch”

Based on this feedback I am assuming that the chain of communication resembles something like this:

Router (please provide the make and model) - > Ethernet - > zyxel gs1051 - > Ethernet - > dlink dgs 108 switch.

Can you verify if the MR is currently mounted to the dlink switch or the zyxel switch? Furthermore, was there a time when the MR was showing up successfully in Roon?

-Eric

it’s always shown up in Roon (the MR)…i’ve been away this week…will revisit this later today.
when will your OS come out that we can use to build our own roon related NUCs?
also when to expect the turnkey systems?

ROCK is available now:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/ROCK_Install_Guide

The Nucleus boxes are expected to be available “later this summer.” August, maybe?

thanks…sorry i’m not computer techie (lol can’t you tell, but i AM trying)
…so we can now build our own system based on this (buy the parts ourselves etc)
good to hear it…might check that out.
guess i should read this blog on CA more closely on doing just that…

@Jesus_Rodriguez, from Sonore thinks it might be a network control issue.
when i go to the www.sonicorbiter.com site nothing shows in my ‘managed devices’

[quote=jesus]’‘Sounds like a network issue. Is your controller on the same network and not cellular?’’
it’s all WiFi and wired ADSL.[/quote]

Music Servers 0

No Sonicorbiter OS based music servers found on your network.
Network players 0

No Sonicorbiter OS based music players found on your network.

Copyright © 2008 - 2017 Small Green Computer, LLC. All rights reserved.