Roon module for Home Assistant

Marcel,

First of all, great work, thanks for that.

Obviously I am doing something wrong cause I don’t get any roon playlists inside HA, can somebody help me? I have made them shared already …

I am not sure if they appear in HA. Certainly not like it did for Sonos. My internet radio stations don’t appear in HA but you can call them through a script. I expect it’s the same for playlists.

I created an input select and scripts that call the radio stations via media_player.media_play service.

Ok, so I stop searching, thx for the explanation.

Hi all, is it possible to use this module to make a Philips Hue lightstrip turn on (let’s say at 50% brightness) when a particular Roon endpoint at home turns on?

Replying to myself, it is! It can be done using either HA’s automations or Node Red.
In an effort to enter the smart home world, I have managed to make my Hue lightstrip to play a colorloop at 30% brightness when my Roon is playing music and fill the room with white light at 100% brightness when it is paused.
Very educational and interesting, the last 24 hours!

2 Likes

@Marcel_van_der_Veldt That would be great to have it in Home Assistant Community Store https://hacs.xyz ! I tried to add it as a custom repository but it did not like it.

Followed the procedure on github, in HA i get the configure ROON option but no HA-extension in ROON. What i’m doing wrong?

1 Like

hello Mike.

Is that screenshot using Lovelace? The default Media Card does not offer playlist/radio selection.

I really want to play radio from HA.

I just got mine working after some trial and error. Did you get yours going?

Nope, didn’t try anymore.

I’ m getting this error in the log, is it something to worry about, or is it planned to be addressed till 0.111 is released?

roon: the ‘.translations’ directory has been moved, the new name is ‘translations’, starting with Home Assistant 0.111 your translations will no longer load if you do not move/rename this

Hi

I have followed the instructions on GitHub.

Roon appears in HASS but I cannot configure.

Getting this in the Log:

Socket connection lost! Will try to reconnect in 20s

9:21:01 PM – /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/roon/roonapi.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 8:46:55 PM and shows up 157 times

Session unexpectedly disconnected!

9:21:01 PM – /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/roon/roonapisocket.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 8:46:54 PM and shows up 157 times

[Errno 110] Operation timed out

9:21:01 PM – /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/roon/roonapisocket.py (ERROR) - message first occurred at 8:46:54 PM and shows up 157 times

@David_Churchill seems your HAAS machine is not able too connect to RoonServer - maybe you need to open some firewall?

I am running ROCK on a NUC and the HAAS on a Pi4. Presumably i need to open something on the ROCK ?

This is exactly what is happening with me.

& now I have read about the hidden .translation file !!

@David_Churchill did you specify roon server ip in homeassistant config ?
I am running hassio vm but i assume it should work the same also on rpi…
I do not have experience with ROCK but i would not expect there would be any firewalll enabled by default.

Is your rpi on the same LAN and subnet (ip-range) as Roon server?

Thanks. I got it going eventually. I had missed out the files that OS X had hidden. See above. All working now

1 Like

This extension works great thanx a lot!
Would it be possible to change DSP setting within homeassistant?
I have two outside speakers that have different DSP than when listening inside the house. It would be great if an automation could turn DSP outside on / off

I just wanted to let people know that with @Marcel_van_der_Veldt’s agreement I’ve put together a PR to integrate the current code into Home Assistant core.

I don’t know if I’ll have very much time to enhance the code - but I’m depending on the current functionality - and so was keen to see it integrated.

You can follow progress here https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/37553

5 Likes