Time: 15:03:17 PM
Time Zone: Eastern
Uptime: 00:04:02:48:07
MoCA Version: 1.57.09.86

Connected Audio Devices

Marantz SR5015

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Basically, Roon has become unusable in my house. I have it installed on a PC called FEAL2D2 - this PC is on ethernet. I control it via my Android phone and tab, though. For about a week now, songs (local ones even) just stop playing and maybe a new song will start up, maybe not, and maybe it will be silent for 23 minutes and then a song starts playing again.

I’ve had to stop using it because it’s so unreliable now. I’ve been using other players.

Halp!

Seems like there is an issue on your network. Try closing down all devices, including switches and router. Restart router (let it start up), turn on any switches on your local network before adding the core machine and remote. Se if problem is gone, if it is - turn on one and one more devices on your local network and note then something stops working.

Also if you use managed switches, these can be configured in a way that makes Roon not work.

Also if you have any Apple router/access points - remove/replace these from the network (they always lead to issues with Roon).

1 Like

No, there is no issue on my network. Everything else works just fine. The Qobuz app itself has no issues accessing Qobuz, but Roon does. None of my local music players have problems accessing and playing my local music over my network (which is all wired). Just Roon and only Roon.

Bold statement :slight_smile: There might be issues on the network you are not aware of. I’ve had a few of these myself.

Could be, but no customer wants to become some kind of network sleuth. Asking them to do so is the height of absurdity.

Roon requires more from the network than most other systems. It is the penalty of the magical RAAT system.

Hey @Shane_Morales,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and my sincerest apologies for the playback issue you’re running into here. It can be extremely frustrating to not have consistency when streaming music. Let’s dig in a bit deeper to see what we can do to help!

@Tor_Gunnar_Berland was leading you in the right direction with testing out your network connection, as this does sound potentially network-related. I would highly suggest reading our network best practices article to get a good idea of what an ideal setup looks like for running Roon.

The first thing to try out would be to give both your router and your core a hard reboot.

1. Power down both your router and core
  2. Unplug devices
  3. Wait 2-3 minutes
  4. Plug devices back in
  5. Power devices back on

@Shane_Morales if possible, would you be able to provide a more detailed rundown of your network setup specifically?

Let me know if your issue persists and we’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.