Roon music stops playing then starts next track

Roon Core Machine

MacMini i7 16 gig ram SSD HD latest OSX version > USB cable to HIfi ROSE Rs-250 Streamer/DAC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

8999 tracks

Description of Issue

Playing music thru my ROON app thru my HiFI ROSE RS-250 Streamer/DAC…after 1-2 minutes the song stops…sometimes it starts over and sometimes it goes to the next tracks. I did see a POP UP saying that the system is ’ slow " and might be a hardware problem. I assure you there is NO hardware problem.
*** If I rebooted my ROON Server and APP , could that resolve the issue ? When I use other Audiophile Hi- Resolution music apps, this never happened… If there a “buffer” or a “cache” that I can empty or reset ?
thank you all,
Bill Costello

This may indicate a network issue. Can you provide additional details on your home network, including make/model of your router and how your mini Core is connected to the network?

Hey @bill_costello,

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into issues with audio playback?

If possible, can you test playing audio out of a different endpoint or system output of a remote?

When this happens, does the HiFi Rose also disappear from your available endpoints?

Please take note of the date and time the next time you run into this issue, and share that info here. I’d also be curios to hear what @Robert_F has inquired about in regards to your home network setup. Please make sure to test hardwiring your core device directly to your router if you haven’t yet :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.