Roon not connecting to my Synology Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
(Fram49S is my Core).
Synology DS918+ DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2 8GB
Roon V1.7 V610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ubiquiti Unifi GWY
Ubiquiti Unifi Switch
Mac Book, iMac and iPhone clients

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

description Of Issue
When trying to connect to the Roon Server on the Synology from the iMac or Mac Book Pro I get the choose you Roon core screen, and the Synology core is displayed.

I connect to it and it comes back with a Roon Login Screen, I enter my Roon Login details it goes away and thinks about it for a long time and then comes back and says

“you are already signed in on Fram49S”.

What it does not do is connect to the Synology core, the same is true on the iMac, Mac Book Pro and iPhone.

I have had it running on my Synology for a number of months and it has all worked fine. I did upgrade my Synology firmware as I was having some connection problems for finder from my Mac Book (not the iMac), these have gone away but Roon connectivity is now a problem.

Any ideas?

Hi @Graham_Blower,

Do you by any chance have Open vSwitch turned on in the Synology settings? I’ve seen that cause similar symptoms before, so worth a check.

What happens if you try to temporarily host the Core on one of the Macs and connect in the same way as the Synology, does that also have trouble connecting? That should tell us if there are problems with the general network or if the issue is Synology-specific.

HI Noris,

No I didnt have Open vSwitch turned on.

I have also reverted back to my core on the Imac and that is working fine to all my devices so I think it is synology specific.

As mentioned it was working fine previously and I updated the synology firmware as my macbookpro running Catalina was having connection problems to fileshares, my Imac (on High Sierra) did not have the same issues.

Graham

Hi @Graham_Blower,

Since this issue only impacts the Synology when in Core mode, you’ll want to investigate this issue further with our Synology package creator (@crieke).

Roon logs might help here, I would use these instructions to upload a set of your Synology logs to this thread.

@crieke - Any known issues with this DSM version?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.