Roon not importing specific FLAC files

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.6, build 416 on Ubuntu 18.04

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hardwired network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Macbook Pros and ODROID C2s.

Description Of Issue

I have a few specific FLAC files which Roon isn’t importing properly. They play fine in other software, and I’m able to re-encode them with the CLI FLAC issue with no problems or warnings about the data, but when I try to import them into Roon, it skips them with an error message of “Audio Stream Format Not Supported”. The Roon server logs also have some related lines in it, which all look like:

07/21 21:51:03 Warn: [storage] [directory] Unsupported stream paramters from ‘/mnt/nfsMedia/Music/Sorted/Jim_Andron/Tetris_CD-i/03-Level_0.flac’: StreamParams[SampleRate=18900, BitsPerSample=16, Channels=2, Layout=Stereo FrameCount=4931136]
07/21 21:51:03 Warn: [storage] [directory] Unsupported stream paramters from ‘/mnt/nfsMedia/Music/Sorted/Jim_Andron/Tetris_CD-i/01-Phillips_CD-i_Logo.flac’: StreamParams[SampleRate=37800, BitsPerSample=16, Channels=2, Layout=Stereo FrameCount=300384]

Any idea what might be going on here?

I believe this is the issue. I have never even heard of files with this samplerate! :slight_smile:
Convert them into 44.1Khz or 48Khz files and i’m sure they’ll import fine.

Could this be files extracted from the CD-R part of the CD? (As in NOT the RedBook audio)

The second “logo” file might be the music associated with the Phillips CD-i splash logo as I am presuming this is the Tetris game off that platform.

Yep, these are indeed the music from the Philips CD-i version of Tetris. These files were converted directly from the data files on the disc, hence the unusual sample rates (since that’s what they were encoded with originally). Unfortunately, there’s not any redbook audio to extract.

Ideally, I’d like to avoid resampling them if possible, but I’ll try doing that to see whether Roon picks them up.

Hi @Chris_Gelatt,

I’m not sure that these will work with Roon, but we’d like to take a look. Would you be willing to share these files with us?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.