Roon not initialising

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 1909 Roon 1.7 Build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi RT AC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord Electronics Hugo TT (Win Driver installed and working on other software)

Description Of Issue

Previously working install of 1.7 was failing to load database (ie saw the anomiated Roon symbol for over 24 hours on startup). Completely fresh install cannot restore database backup (same issue) and fresh install without a restore also permanently shows animated Roon symbol and Roon does not initialise

Tagging @support for your.

Hi @Kevin_Anderson,

At what point did this start happening? After logging in? After adding media?

Completely fresh install. I log in then all I see is animated Roon icon. No media added.

Hi @Kevin_Anderson,

How did you install Roon completely fresh? Did you set the old database aside? It sounds like you may have not done this step, here are the instructions on how to do so:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Restore from backup once more

Yes - I removed the old database. I installed Windows 10 again on PC today and Roon now working again and was able to restore old database. Problem solved.

1 Like

Hi @Kevin_Anderson,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved, if you need any further assistance in the future do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.