Roon not loading via reinstall in Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Hi There

I had to restore Windows on my Asus StudioBook ProArt WorkStation Laptop and now Roon refuses to load past the login. I Then Uninstalled and re-installed and same issue. This has been a 60 day issue and I’m reaching out for assistance just now. Further to note, even before the Windows re-install Roon would freeze on startup and just display the Roon logo, just as it does now. . ( see image ).

I’ve since temporarily installed Roon Core on my newly acquired Vaio Laptop. However I’m anxious to return to my Asus laptop ( primary computer ) as my Roon Core.

Any plausible suggestions are more than welcome.

( I hope this is the right forum / thread ? )

Thank you in advance

Dale aka uptildawn53

Asus Computer Specs Below:

Device name Asus-ProArt-W700-G3T
Processor Intel® Xeon® E-2276M CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Device ID 309D2320-328F-4141-BE5A-4D3773F9600F
Product ID 00391-70000-00000-AA168
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎5/‎27/‎2020
OS build 19042.630
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Normally that behaviour is associated with a graphics card issue. I’d go to the manufacturer site, not windows update, and install the latest graphics card drivers. Or Nvidia as that is the card in it I think.
The other thing to try is to install 32 bit roon.

2 Likes

I have moved your message into the support category of the forum so that Roon support personnel might see your post.

I concur with @ged_hickman1 that this might probably be an issue with the driver of your graphics card. So, in the meantime try to find the latest driver on the website of the graphics card manufacturer and bring your ASUS laptop up to date. Report back on this thread.

1 Like

**Thanks for that response. I’m avid about up to date drivers, especially the graphics drivers. - Info re same displayed below. Further to note, I’d upgraded the drivers via auto notification a couple times prior to the re-install of windows and again, same situation, roon would freeze upon startup. **

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 12/13/2020 16:31:08
System name: ASUS-PROART-W70

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design
Driver version: 457.09
Driver Type: DCH
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 12_1
CUDA Cores: 1920
Core clock: 1215 MHz
Memory data rate: 12.00 Gbps
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory bandwidth: 288.05 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 22451 MB
Dedicated video memory: 6144 MB GDDR6
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16307 MB
Video BIOS version: 90.06.39.00.79
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x8 Gen3
Device Id: 10DE 1F36 13CF1043
Part Number: 4914 0030

Thank you re moving post to the ’ Support ’ Category. ( my 1st post in the Roon Forums and just finding my way around ).

Re the GPU, I’d reponded to @ged_hickman1 re same… ALL drivers especially the graphics are updated immediately upon notification that such is available. This problem has occurred thru at least a couple if not more driver updates before the re-install of Windows and at least once after a GPU driver update ( situation still ensues ) .

Thanks for the ear

It seems more customers are having the same kind of problems after a windows 10 update, including me. We all checked our drivers, I don’t think that’s the problem. I think most of all have normal graphics cards or onboard chips.
Somehow Roon has problems starting the GUI or some error (critical message?) blocks Roon from going to it’s GUI. On the background other tasks are done, checkin userid, opening database, updating art, so it runs to some part.
Is Roon tested with newest windows 10 versions?
We would be helped if some trace version is available or if the current logging is expanded.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I’m thinking another issue as well as all my equipment, be it audio or computer get top notch care, updated drivers as a constant … perhaps the restore process messed up. ( I had to reinstall a couple programs after restore ) … I may have to consider a clean albeit fresh install of windows which I care not to do - ~w all my software, apps and setup process, that can be a 3 day affair almost.

Hi @Kenneth_Dale_Bennett,

Can you try completely deleting the GPU drivers and reinstalling them from the manufacturer’s website (don’t rely on Windows updates for this).

If that doesn’t help, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Dylan

I only use Nvidia drivers on the computer in question, which as I stated are updated as a constant via auto notification from Nvidia.

I’ll see if I can locate the logs and post hopefully by day’s end

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.