Roon not picking up Roon Ready devices on my Network

I’ve had to reset my Router this morning and since I logged it back on Roon won’t pick up the Roon Ready Devices on my network.

The Core is installed on my MacMini and I’m using that over Wi-Fi as it’s not possible to connect over Ethernet.

I have had no problems in the past but this is the first time I’ve reset my Router since recently installing Roon about 2.5 months ago.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

@tim_Lumley, to receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below. Please be sure to include details of your core, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon. Thank you.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
<!‐-Write below this line-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using VPN-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Hi Tim,

The first quick thing I’d check is to make sure that the IP address of the mini is in the same sub-net as the Roon Ready devices. It may be you set the mini to a static IP in the past and forgot, and with the reset, the router is now using a different sub-net.

1 Like

Thanks for this Daniel.

I’ve managed to solve the problem now. The MacMili wasn’t in a fixed IP Address.

However, for future reference could you tell me how I check is to make sure that the IP address of the mini is in the same sub-net as the Roon Ready devices?

Thanks very much.

The best way is to ensure DHCP is used in your router for all devices. For ISP supplied routers all devices will use the same subnet (for advanced routers, e.g., mesh, make sure core and Roon Ready devices are on the same VLAN.)

In addition, it’s beneficial to use address reservation for the core. This means the router always issues the same IP address to the device.

Once this is done, you can pretty much forget about IP addresses.

1 Like

Thanks very much Martin.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.