Roon not Playing on Bluesound Node 2i

Roon core: Qnap TS-251+
Intel Celeron J1900 4-core/4-thread processor, burst up to 2.42 GHz, 8GB ram
Qnap shows the app to be using about 1 GB memory and 11% CPU.

Unifi switches and wifi access points installed on all floors for maximum wifi signal. The NAS and Node 2i are hard wired to ethernet.
I am not using a VPN

Just signed up for Roon, installed the server on my NAS, installed the app on my Windows 11 PC to begin with and set my Bluesound Node 2i as the audio output device. I have a library of about 3800 FLAC tunes and also have Tidal on Roon.

All hardware is hard wrired ethernet with the exception of the Windows 11 laptop and my iPhone

It was working fine until about a half hour on. It quit playing music when selecting a tune on Tidal or my library. I installed the app on my iphone 12 and same issue.
I selected my iphone as the primary device for audio and that worked fine.
Also tried this on the laptop and the music played fine on the laptop. Selected the Node 2i on both devices and no audio. Also, the indicator dot to the left of the play button does not light up.
Switching to the laptop Bluesound app, I do get audio.

I stopped and restarted the NAS app, restarted laptop, closed and reopened app on the iphone with no luck.

Update: Rebooted the Node 2i and it worked for a few songs then quit again. Rebooted the Node 2i again (firmware 3.20.25). And it is working. Played the first few seconds of a song, but need to get to bed.

Failed to mention, this issue is happening when streaming Tidal through Roon.

Hey @Waynze,

Thanks for your patience here :pray: I wanted to check in and see if you were still running into issues with your Node 2i? I took a look at your account and see that it’s been active with your core recently.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.